Thursday, January 13, 2011

She wears a short black leather skirt

Over the festive period, I hardly think there was a night that I didn't have a party to go to or a gathering to attend. Needless to say my liver will need some time to recover as will my muffin top.

A small gathering at my place called for a relaxed glamour that included leather (naturally) and sequins.
Sequin Tee: French Connection (sales purchase); Faux Leather Skirt: Miss Selfridge; Black suedette wedge heels: New Look; French Moustache necklace: Cherry Loco (as seen in a previous post)
Accessories were simple again, once I was a bit of a magpie but I have toned down my costume jewellery in fear of looking a little bit tacky ... of course, a bit of tack can be good in small doses though. I stuck to a couple of bangles and my gorgeous new turquoise ring which was purchased recently in Egypt. It has become my replacement for the YSL ring since I decided not to buy it.
My make up look has been quite samey for the last wee while, as mentioned in my favourites post I have stuck to the Estee Lauder Extravagant Gold palette and this night was no different. I used the bronze shade from the palette all over and the darker brown to add definition and pearlised shade for highlight. I added MAC lashes in no.34 ... wow, are these impact lashes ... pretty full on while remaining demure at the same time.
Illamasqua Erzule was added to Nars Laguna to create another bronzed cheek and MACs Sun & Moon as blush, this time with MACs Belightful to highlight. A simple lipgloss again with Estee Lauders Extravagant Ruby pure colour gloss.
Again, I had my hair in a top bun ... it's the easiest hairstyle to pull off when you are out as many nights on the trot ... no fussing or overstyling although I am looking forward to letting the hair down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment